Monday, April 24, 2017
10–10:30 a.m. ET; 7–7:30 a.m. PT
Charles Locke, MD, CHCQM-PHYADV
Senior Physician Advisor, Care Coordination/Clinical Resource Management, Johns Hopkins Hospital;
Assistant Professor, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Janelle Ali-Dinar, PhD; Nancy Beckley, MS, MBA, CHC; Frank Cohen, MPA, MBB; David Glaser, Esq.; Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQM; and Andrew Wachler, Esq.
“The Medicare appeals system merits process improvement beyond current proposed reforms,” according to multiple authors, including Monitor Mondays special guest Charles Locke, writing in the April 12 edition of the Journal of Hospital Medicine. During the next edition of our weekly Internet broadcast, Dr. Locke will share his perspective on the challenges currently facing hospitals dealing with patient observation stays.
The broadcast rundown also includes:
- ALJ Report: Healthcare attorney Andrew Wachler, managing partner of Wachler & Associates, will provide insight into the appeals process at the administrative law judge (ALJ) level.
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, vice president of R1 Physician Advisory Services, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- America’s Rural Health Report: Topic authority Janelle Ali-Dinar, vice president of rural health for MyGenetx, will report on saving healthcare for rural populations.
- Monitor Mondays Hot Topics: Monitor Mondays senior correspondent Nancy Beckley, president and CEO for Nancy Beckley and Associates, will have all the latest hot topics and the Monitor Mondays Listener Survey.
- Big Data Report: Senior healthcare analyst Frank Cohen with DoctorsManagement will report on the manipulation of big data.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser with Fredrikson & Byron will return with another example of a potentially troublesome issue that could pose a risk to your facility.
Register now for this important and timely broadcast coming your way on Monday, April 24, 2017 at 10 a.m. ET.
Monitor with us.™