Monday, April 9, 2018
Special News Broadcast
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
Duane Abbey, PhD; Nancy Beckley, MS, MBA, CHC; David Glaser, Esq.;
Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQM; J. Paul Spencer, CPC, CPC-H; and Andrew Wachler, Esq.
Judge James E. Boasberg of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia has ordered the American Hospital Association (AHA) to proposed specific recommendations for reducing the Medicare appeals backlog of appeals at the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) level.
Reporting this developing story will be healthcare attorney Andrew Wachler, Esq., managing partner at Wachler and Associates.
The broadcast rundown also will include:
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 Physician Advisory Services, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- Hot Topics: Monitor Mondays senior correspondent Nancy Beckley, president and CEO for Nancy Beckley and Associates, will report on all the latest hot topics and present the Monitor Mondays Listener Survey.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser, of Fredrikson & Byron, will report on another example of a potentially troublesome issue that could pose a risk to your facility.
- Consumer Alert: New Medicare beneficiary identification cards are scheduled to be mailed from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) this month to beneficiaries. And with the new cards come new scams. Author, educator, and consultant Duane Abbey will report on the new cards and the expected scams on bilked seniors.
- Medicare Advantage Report: Monitor Mondays national correspondent J. Paul Spencer will continue to report on the vexing issue of Medicare Advantage. Spencer is a senior healthcare consultant for DoctorsManagement.
Register now for this special news broadcast coming up at 10 a.m. EST on Monday, April 9.